Sunday, January 10, 2010

Playing With My Toys!

Andrew loves playing with his bumble bee that Santa brought him. It fits perfectly on the bumbo tray so Andrew can reach it.

Around 8 weeks, Andrew took interest in sucking his fingers. Usually, it is only when he is tired. At night, we often hear a sucking noise from the monitor.




He has also been playing in the jumperoo! He's still a little small; can't reach the floor or most of the toys. All that playing & he wore himself out!




He has really started to squeal and make himself heard.


4 Months


In the last few days, he has realized that he can also suck his thumb...



Earlier this week, the babysitter commented that the diapers are getting a little snug! We were in the middle of the last pack and I wanted to use them before we moved up to 3s. Friday evening, Andrew had spit-up several times and his outfit was soaked, so I decided that I better change him. Since I was only planning on a quick change of clothes, I decided to change him on the floor. He was wearing a one piece outfit that had snaps around the legs and a couple snaps near the neck. I had him sitting on the floor (propped-up against me). I broke open the snaps and started pulling the outfit over his head. After removing the outfit and tossing it into the hamper, I stop for a second thinking "I smell poopies, Andrew must need a diaper change." I look down at Andrew and found a big suprise. Poopies, Poopies Everywhere!!!
The small diapers finally caught up with me! Little boys can make big poopies and the diaper was not large enough to contain everything. The poopies had escaped out of the back of the diaper, so when I pulled the outfit over Andrews head it created a poopie trail from his diaper, up his back, and even on his head!!! I yelled for Daddy who helped clean-up the poopies so we could get Andrew directly into the bathtub for a good scrubbing! Fortunately, there were not any poopies on the floor, only a few on Mom's clothes. Lesson learned in parenting, "Don't attempt to finish the pack of diapers, the poopie mess is not worth it!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment